What is Sharepoint Connector?
For years, customers have been asking us whether there is an integration between HP PPM and SharePoint / Outlook, and if not, whether we could build one for them. Instead of creating custom point-to-point integrations that only address very specific customer scenarios, we decided to tackle the request more strategically with a software add-on. With this approach, customers benefit from a highly flexible, robust, and extensible solution that addresses their requirements spot-on, and can be deployed in less than a day.
Bi-Directional Exchange of Data
Flexible Scheduling of Data Transfer
Synchronization of Any PPM Data
Export of PPM Dashboard to SharePoint
Unlimited User-Defined Data Mappings
Integration of Mulitple SharePoint Sites
Creation of SharePoint Project Sites from PPM
Creation of Outlook Tasks and Events from PPM
Integration with SharePoint Personal Sites
Easy Installation and Configuration
Typical Implementation Scenarios
SharePoint Connector leverages the specific strengths of both PPM and SharePoint / Outlook to help you achieve unparalleled business value from your investments in PPM. Typical implementation scenarios include:
1) SharePoint serves as the organizational document repository: Documents attached to PPM entities, such as proposals or projects, get automatically exported to SharePoint.
2) PPM serves as the repository of project-related information: PPM is used for strategic decision-making and work plan management. Project team members use SharePoint to manage project issues, risks, action items, etc. Project data entered into SharePoint automatically populates PPM, as the hub of project information.
3) Key metrics are managed in PPM: Time compliance, overall project status or resource status are automatically exported to SharePoint and are made highly accessible to a broad audience.
4) SharePoint contains sites for different projects: SharePoint project site creation and data updates are automated to create a seamless process integrating SharePoint into PM standards.
5) Leverage Outlook’s productivity features: Create Outlook tasks and calendar events from PPM work items such as tasks assignments and time sheet reminders to help users “get things done”.